January 26, 2007

What are you reading?

For the Hindu Goddess Test, Click HERE !
(Sorry guys about the messed up link on my previous post about it!)

I just got back to Kolkata from North Bengal and have plenty of pix and a beautiful update. While all this is still simmering in the kitchen, here is an appetizer :

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

Here is what the Beaver is reading (who would have thunk?)

-"Wilkins is nont pursuing religious controversies at Epsom - he is pursuing natural philosophy."
-"Seems a strange place for it."
-"The Earl's Son, Charles, could not attend Cambridge because of the plague, ans so Wilkins and some other members of the royal society are there to serve as his tutors."
(Quicksilver, Neil Stephenson)

I have not gotten this far in that book (I am not reading it consistently)- so I have no idea this would come up.


Although since i am also in the middle of reading the "Traite d'Atheologie" (also available in English here) by Michel Onfray, it is an amusing coincidence.


And now you know. Your turn to disclose !

The Beaver

My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

1 comment:

Salt Water said...

Thanks, Beav,for the interesting post. I love books, but must listen to mine. I get them from Audible.com (2per month for $22.95). As for reading in print it is mostly The Economist and news papers. I have started a print book given to me by a freind who thought it might be worth my reading. I only got to page 4 when I found your post. 5th sentence from page 123 goes, "When I open the baggy he exits, as my father might have described it, like shit through a tin horn. I've got the phone cradled between my right shoulder and ear, B waiting on my left index finger for me to squeez out the insides of the kernel I've selected. An Unusually juicy one, it emits a jetof water that grazes B's head." The person who gave it to me is a bit of a zenner, so the title is probly literal "Providence of a Sparrow. Lessons From a Life Gone to the Birds." By Chris Chester. Always nice visit with you. Love your Flickr site too. Thanks