February 02, 2007

Tagged by the Frog.... (WHERE was I, I wonder...)

Ok - so I've been horrible and promissing an update - and instead I am playing tag. Sorry. I do what I like. I am tired and my brain is fried. This is easier then to write up the last 2 weeks. So lazy it is.

(And YES, I will post an update soon - over the weekend, I promise !)

_________________________

So here is FROGALINO's introduction to this funky tag game :

Isn’t it weird how everybody remembers exactly what they were doing when a dramatic or really happy events in world history took place? I’d really like to know what was happening to you and where you were when you first heard about the various events below. Plus that I’m bored to tears tonight. So I invented a meme. And you’re all tagged, so you’d better start working now. If you feel like it, answer in the comment box or on your blog.

By the way, the last question is optional and could be changed to whichever you like.

1) Where were you when Armstrong first walked on the Moon?

Probably frolicking in a green pasture, floating in space, or in Gehenna, waiting my turn to explore the world! (Or maybe on another planet, what do i know?)

2) Where were you when you heard Princess Di had died?

Montreal, Quebec. On my way to university. I remember vaguely not beleiving it. Then beleiving and not caring too much.

3) Where were you on New Year’s Eve of 1999/2000?

In a lost cabin in the neck of the woods in the Laurentiens of Canada. I don't remember much. I think I was (again) dealing with a heartbreak. It felt like an very ordinary new year's eve.

4) Where were you on Sept.11, 2001?

At work in Montreal. I was a receptionnist at a Hassidim-owned company. I heard the news rather late and as I remember, I found by hearing somebody in the hallway say "They got the pentagon." It was surreal!

5) Where were you when you first heard about the big 2004 Tsunami?

In Dakar, Senegal. A friend called me frantically to ask if I thought the tsunami would have an effect on the island of Madagascar, where we had a mutual friend vacationning (of course, it didn't). I spent the following 2 weeks reading the news on the internet. Little did I know I would be helping out in Banda Aceh 18 months later.

6) Where were you when you first heard that Madonna would go on tour last year?

Huh? I just heard of it now. I'm in Kolkata (India.) This says a lot about how disconnected I am.

The Beaver



My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

No comments: