January 16, 2008

A forklift saved my life...

Ok, not my life, but I might have had to spend the night sleeping on a pile of CSB if it hadn't been for the forklift...

Here's the deal.

I'm afraid of heights. I've been steadily trying to vanquish this very irrational fear for the last 2 years, especially because occasionally, I have to climb on stacks of food.

Well... I did, and it was all well and good, until I had to go down the ladder. I froze. It hadn't happened to me in YEARS. They had to get the forklift to help me down, and I was a bit mortified.

The good news is... well, I have a sense of humor. Thank god. Otherwise, I'd have died of embarrassment.

On the upside, I now can see life from the point of view of a bag of rice.

The Beaver

My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! It's been a while. How is everything. I've really lost touch with my blog friends because internet is so hard to get to here. I'm sure you know that. I'm still really upset I didn't get to see you. Anyway, thanks for the comment and Happy New Year.

Jules

Beaver said...

Welcome back, Jules.

Don't sweat it. The world is much smaller than it seems - our paths will cross again.

I'm thinking of you in San. Take care,

Beav'