March 12, 2009

What I've been doing lately

Paper writing. It seems to almost be all that I do these days.

Since the beginning of the term, this is what I have produced:
  • History in Tony Kushner's Angels in America: Millenium Approaches, or the quest for a sexual or a historical identity ;
  • A reflection on the development of the Northumbrian dialect between the 8th and the 12th century ;
  • Bartleby the Scrivener: an evocation of the Statue of Liberty ;
  • A detailed analysis of Ronsard's 9th Sonnet to Hélène, or the protrayal of a love duel ;
  • Béroul's Tristan & Isolde, the symbolism of the Mal Pas, or the farce which allows to reintegrate the social space.

I also have the following assignments to produce over the coming weeks:

  • A lexicographic analysis of three semantically related words ;
  • Madness and marriage in Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway and Charlotte Gilman's The Yellow Wallpaper ;
  • A study of the mutual influences of the French and English languages one on another.

There is one more larger essay for which I need to pick my topic, but it isn't due for a bit, so I do have time to decide.

Ah, woe is me. I do enjoy what I'm doing, though. I'll post excerpts when I can get to editing the raw bits.

Even if so far, I'm doing extremely well with my work.

The Beaver
My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

No comments: