April 28, 2007

Who would have thunk?

First week in ISB is over, and I am (at last) rid of my HORRIBLE jetlag.

Work is weird. Looks like we'll be piggybacking on an external team's work, which means possibly A NORMAL AMOUNT OF WORK !!! I'm very excited - and worried. What am I going to do with all this free time ? *gnaw on hand*

Had my first night out yesterday, starting with a manicure and pedicure at what is possibly the VERY BEST spa I ever visited. (Who would have thunk?)

I went to a birthday party, a BBQ actually, where bootleg beer and smuggled wine were galore. It was a great deal of fun (and safe, yes mummy).

Today I'm spending some time on my writing, watching season 6 of Sex & The City (bootleg, of course), hiking in the mountain range, and going to a karaoke party at the Canadian Club tonight.

Pak is cool, and I feel a whole lot better, although I'm still homesick.

--------------------------------------

Ma première semaine a ISB est finie, et je suis débarrassée (enfin) de mon HORRIBLE decallage horaire.

Au travail, c'est biz. Nous completons sur le travail d'une équipe externe, qui signifie probablement une QUANTITÉ NORMALE DE TRAVAIL ! ! ! (*pour une fois*)

Je suis très excitée - et inquiéte. Quel vais-je faire de tout ce temps libre ? * se ronge la main*

A eu ma première nuit dehors hier, commençant par une manucure et un pedicure à ce qui est probablement LE MEILLEUR spa que j'ai jamais visité. (Kilucru ?)

Je suis allé réellement à une fête d'anniversaire, un BBQ, où la bière (illegale) et le vin (passé en douce aux douanes) étaient en abondance. C'était tres sympathique (et securitaire, oui Maman).

Aujourd'hui je passe un petit moment a ecrire, je regarde la saison 6 de Sex & the City (produit vendu illégalement, naturellement), une petite promenade dans les montagnes, et vais à une partie de karaoke au club canadien ce soir.

C'est sympa, le Pakistan, et je me sens mieux, meme si je m'ennuie encore de cheu nous.

The Beaver

My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

2 comments:

Qalamana said...

Nice to read you're feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

I too have learnt to be suspicious when work suddenly throws me an easy one... I start to worry too much about what will go wrong!

However, try and enjoy it and take some photos of the lovely spring weather!