May 07, 2007

A weekend yet again spent sleeping

I went to Al-Faisal Mosque in Islamabad. Thank god I did, because otherwise, I spent my weekend sleeping.

The Mosque is an impressive thing. It sits in a nest of hills, which, when you are on the outside terrasse, gives it the most impressive, beautiful sight. The hills are green, and the birds are rather loud. It makes one think a lot about extremism to be in such a peaceful place. I'm glad I went - it confirmed my intuition that God does sit in such places, but that his word (and work) are perverted by humans. A common thing, really, when you think of it.


It was an afternoon full of contrasts, though, to visit the mosque (no pics inside, sorry), and then to have a milkshake with my teammates at the Hot-Spot, an indeed burning place where one can enjoy home-made bagels and Ice-cream, and a "Death by Chocolate pie" which I've yet to try.


I was also lucky to be taken out by co-workers. Sweet people, really. Sometimes, I'm really blessed.

Oh geez, I guess I didn't sleep all weekend after all !

The Beaver



My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

No comments: