June 08, 2005

My days.....

Since I've been back home, it's been more and more difficult for me to blog, mostly because I often feel like there is not much to say.

Looking for a job in Montreal at this time of year is close to impossible, so I actually gave up on the concept, to the exception of the Armed Forces, with whom I expect to have a meeting shortly...

So what do I do with my days... For one, I train, at least twice a week, in order to pass the army fitness test...

Second, I volunteer in various places. Last week, I participated in organizing and personnaly animated an alumni reunion for CECI. So that was cool, as I actually was active in a community oriented organization for a whole week.

Regularly, though, I give free consultations at the YWCA Montreal. It's kinda scary actually, because I spend 30 minutes with a client who usually has very little restraint. So it's sortof halfway between counselling and legal advice, with the occassionnal nut head who won't leave the office... Case examples : abused women, divorce cases, people who want to contest/enforce a will, and the occasionnal streetsmart client who just wants to lookout after himself.

All in all, it's very rewarding, and puts everything in perspective. Most of these people don't need legal advice. They just need someone to listen... that would be me...

No comments: