July 22, 2009

Why does he get more worms than I do…

I really, really, really, really need to get this gisting done (though my kind of gisting is much less glamorous than that one - as a side note, I never finished that book. But). It probably won't take more than a day, but currently, I'm really late in my schedule, and it has to somehow be made better. So. Gisting it is. *siiigh*

A quick note about a million things.

On my way to the college where I work for the summer, I walk every day by a church where the homeless come for breakfast and the bare necessities of life. It breaks my heart a little, and at the same time, I'm glad those things exist. At the same time, I'm acutely aware that there are not enough of these services. I don’t know why I feel the need to bring it up – perhaps it’s because I feel like I should do something. I’m not sure what and even less how, yet.


Also, I keep on forgetting to mention this, but I got accepted into the Arthurian Honors Seminar in the fall. *bounces* I’ve rarely been as excited about studying as since I went back to locking myself up with classics and writing essays. I really have no regrets, I’ll confess. This is so much more up my alley than law school.

Which brings me to a question, flist. Is anyone interested in reading some of my papers? I don't mind spreading the joy pain if there are takers. As a side note, I wouldn't offer to show any papers that didn't get excellent grades. If anyone is interested, I'll pull up a list of what's available.


And now about aSoIaF. I’m still reading, and still enjoying, though I’ve taken the weirdest habit: now I read POV chapter by POV chapter. *facepalm* So if anyone out there wants to know where I’m at, I just finished Dany’s POV, and I’m on to Jon’s. In late news, thus:


1) I enjoyed very much the descriptions of Qarth.

2) I think I sort of ship Dany and Jorah, and it makes me feel guilty.

3) My current loved characters are Dolorous Edd and Craster. What’s with me and impolite old men?


“The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints – the ground’s too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do…”

- Dolorous Edd, A Clash of Kings (.205)


BEST QUOTATION, EVER.

No comments: