March 10, 2007

Back on JFK Street

I’ve been trying to revisit the places I loved. I located on Saturday the American Rec Center where I used to finish last in the swimming competition in P.E. The only major difference is that they now have a gym, with no air conditioned in it. The other change is that now you have to go through a US security gate to access it, since it’s on the street across from the Embassy and the whole street is closed to circulation. Probably a post 9/11 thing. They had the same set up in Dakar, as I recall.

J’essaye de revoir les lieux que j’aimais. J’ai localise le centre récréatif américain, celui ou je finissais toujours dernière en compétition de natation de mon cours d’éducation physique. La principale différence que j’ai observe est qu’ils ont maintenant installe un gym, sans air climatise. L’autre changement, c’est que maintenant pour aller au centre, il faut passer par une barrière de sécurité, puisque le centre est en face de l’ambassade et que la rue entière est fermée a la circulation. C’est probablement un truc datant d’après le 11 septembre – c’était le même système au Sénégal, si je me souviens bien.

The Beaver



My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

No comments: