March 10, 2007

Bowling in Burkina

Some people go bowling for Columbine. I go bowling in Burkina.

I’m joking about it, but there is a bowling alley right across from my hotel. That’s something new. For that matter, the whole street is new. So is the hotel. But somehow, the fact that there is now BOWLING available in Burkina is a schock to me. I have made to myself the solemn promise to go to the bowling alley and check that all bowling pins are there, and that they do indeed rent the shoes, as soon as I get back from Mopti, in Mali, somewhere 3 weeks from now. Curiosity killed the cat, but I have 9 lives.

Il y a ceux qui regardent Bowling for Columbine. Moi, je préfère le bowling au Burkina.

J’en ris, mais il y a une allée de bowling juste en face de mon hôtel. C’est nouveau ca. D’ailleurs, toute la rue est nouvelle. Ca inclut l’hôtel. Mais en quelque part, le fait qu’il est maintenant possible de faire du bowling au Burkina est un choc pour moi. A mon retour de Mopti, au Mali, dans 3 semaines, je me suis promis d’aller y faire un tour et de voir si toutes les quilles y sont, et s’ils font de la location de souliers. La curiosité est un vilain défaut. J’aime mes défauts.

The Beaver

My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

No comments: