July 11, 2005

Heading out to farmland

I spent the day at the 80th birthday party of a very loved family friend. It was nice to be out at of Montreal for the day, and nice to be there on the special occasion. Our friend has a lot of friends and a very extended family, so it was really like a big family party.

Family portrait, in front of a beautiful traditionnal canadian farmhouse :



The event involved driving for 1 1/2 hours, which I don't mind, since I like driving. It allowed me to see some fields, cows, and more fields.

This fun family event involved a bar-b-cue and some volleyball. So for the first time in 10 years, I was back up at the net, making an idiot of myself, running barefeet in jeans under the unforgiving summer sun. But it was cool to hang out with the youngsters !

Here's a pic of the local Countryside, in Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon. What a change from yellow Senegal, huh ?

Sorry about this relatively short post ! Promise to write more next time !

No comments: