I dedicate this post to those who seeked love and found it, to those who seek love, to those who lost hope.
May this restore your faith.
Every time I blog, I share my entries with my s.o.
Every time, he complains that I don't blog enough about him.
This post is dedicated to him, 100%.
I will make a 100 things list, but in 2 parts.
- My s.o.'s name is Dave. It suits him perfectly.
- He is my significant other, lover, best friend and confident.
- He is one head shorter then me.
- He is the king of procrastination.
- His heart could hold the world.
- The first time I told him I loved him, I was a teen-ager. He said I was too tall.
- Our first conversation was about me talking too much.
- Dave is brilliant, but was never an A student because he couldn't hand in his papers on time.
- He nevertheless wrote a brilliant comparison paper about Stendahl's Le rouge et le Noir and Tristan et Iseult.
- Dave could never make a carreer out of it, but he would be a great carpet salesman.
- As we speak, Dave is doing the dishes. For the first time in 3 days. It's his only shore.
- When I went on a 6 months fellowship in Senegal, he spent all his vacations and lots of money to spend 2 weeks with me.
- Dave is allergic to vacuum cleaners. I have to vacuum when he's not home.
- Dave laughs at all my jokes. Even when they're truly awful.
- I bought my first car because of Dave. He was studying and living 300km away from home.
- Dave is the oldest of 2. He never had a sister.
- He constantly claims to be asocial. Yet, he is rarely seen alone.
- He has very strong ties to his family.
- I once drove 6 hours to and back in one night, just to be with him.
- Dave lives with me. He still buys me flowers once a month and takes me out all the time.
- He likes to think a lot before deciding things. That drives me insane.
- When we were in high school, his nickname was ''Lutin des bois" (Wood Sprite). It really sounds much less ridiculous in English.
- He keeps on saying I should teach him to blog. Everytime I remind him, he decides it's not the time for it.
- One night, we found a woman in crisis in the street. He suggested we try to help her, and actually carried her from the car to the hospital.
- Though he was raised in a comfortably wealthy family, he feels compation for the world and care little for profit.
- He has capitalistic tendencies though.
- He has never been physically violent toward anyone that I know.
- In 12 years that I've known him, I saw him yell twice. I must admit I was pushing my luck both times.
- If he could, Dave would spend his whole life without doing any chore anywhere.
- Though he was never baptized, he considers Jesus to be a great philosopher and patron.
- He has the utmost respect for Gandhi and Bouddha.
- His dream job would be to teach philosophy to children.
- His nightmare position would be housekeeper.
- Dave's shortest job was as a material handler. He was doing ok but hated the schedule. He stayed there 3 weeks.
- He has been talking about going to work in Thailand for the last 3 years.
- He is addicted to coffee, chesse and sherbet.
- In 12 years that I've known him, I saw him drunk twice. He was really sweet and quite funny.
- Silence with him is never uncomfortable.
- He hates pop music in general, and heavy metal and rap in particular.
- He is the most forgetful person I know (aside for myself).
- He keeps on reminding me of stuff.
- He is always considerate and respectful of me, and my rythm.
- When we were 20, we dated. He left without saying goddbye because he thought I was miserable with him. I cried for months.
- If I were to choose one person on which to be alone on an island with, it would be him.
- I trust Dave with my life, but not with my crystal glasses.
- He loves to play chess.
- He taught me to love Mozart's requiem.
- He is the reason I beleive in soul mates and reincarnation.
- After I'd been gone away for 6 months, he asked me to live with him.
- He commited to me despite my recent job conditions.
I will sorely miss him when I leave.
My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !