August 10, 2005

Addiction, I know thine name...

I started blogging to keep in touch with my family during an overseas assignment that lasted 6 months.

When I came back, I kept on blogging to keep in touch with the friends I left behind

Now, I blog also to vent, express my thoughts and opinions, and to have a place I call my own.

Now, my blog has become my 2nd life. Thank you, readers, for being a part of it.

*************************

Dave says I worship the Internet.

Here's what happens daily :

9:00AM
*Beaver checking emails and having morning coffee*
Dave : - Doing your morning prayer, honey ?
Dave then leaves and Beaver gets the machine to herself (hehehe)

9:00PM
*Beaver putting comments on a random blog somewhere on the blogosphere*
Dave : - Doing your evening prayer, honey ? *goes to bed*

3:00AM
*Dave is sound asleep. Beaver sneaks out of the room to check her own blog and to to comment back at whoever commented*

Isn't Dave exagerating ?

**************************

To prove Dave wrong, I did the scientific thing. I took an Internet test. Here's what it says :

Total Internet Addict!
I am 59%
Internet Addict.
I am pretty addicted, but there is hope. I think I'm just well connected to the internet and technology, but it's really a start of a drug-like addiction. I must act now! Unplug this computer!


See, it's not that bad ! Ok gotta let you go people, I need to go google my neighbour, his wife, and all his family !

ON ON !

The Beaver

8 comments:

007 in Africa said...

Somebody needs a jooooOOb. By the way, im surprised you only come out with 59 percent with a schedule like that!

Beaver said...

he he he :) *frowns*

I do have activities other then blogging. *007 clears her throat*

What ? I eat, watch tv, go to the mountain, consult for the Y, like, 3 hours a day.... Really, I swear ! *blushes*

That 41% probably covers sleep, feeding, and the occasional cigarette outside *chuckles*.

Linda Jones Malonson said...

This was fun Beaver! I am 39% Internet Addict. I can go either way. Deep into the madness of nights filled with coding CGI-Scripts and online role playing games, or I could become a normal user.

What's a normal user! LOL! Ahhhh I like it when I can go to a blog and just relax ... and have fun. You have a good balance of serious thinking and just hanging loose. Thanks. By the way ... Beautiful photos!

The Voice said...

I don't need a stinkin test to tell me I am an addict.

But I will take it.

I found out with the same kind of service that I am 6% idiot.

J

Anonymous said...

keep blogging.

Salt Water said...

Dave and my wife think alike. I am glad to know others find blogging more important than sleep, food, work, sex, possibly breathing...I love midnight blog traveling. By the way, your site is one of the best. Hope Dave can stay patient.

cityangelz said...

hey.. I'm a 40% internet addict.. YES!! that means i still can hang out online and not have to go cold turkey ;D

Beaver said...

LP : Online RPGs! Yes ! I actually got addicted to mudding 2 years ago, but eventually got bored with it. I mean, you can only type "kill monster" so many times... Glad you enjoyed the read !

J : I actually got this test from the link on your website ! I found out through endless fiddling with it that if you only answer YES or NO to the 1st question of the test, you get the 0% or 100% score. Which makes me 100% evil genius ! hehehe... the disclaimer on the test is clear though - but I found it too funny to take to not share the experience !

Anonymous : Thanks for stopping by ! You're actually the 1st anonymous comment I ever got ! Do I know you ?

SW : you are not alone. You can never get enough Internet. And if I were the pope, I'd canonize Dave and SW2 for being so patient with us !

Siti : ehehe if you enjoyed the Internet addict test, defenitely try the Evil Genius and the EMO tests. They are beyond ridiculous !