August 25, 2005

It's a catastrophe !

I just got home from the hairdresser. I go there once a year, usually because my hair desperately needs a trim.

Today, I went there to get a nice, professional haircut for the interview for the job of my dreams.IT’S HORRIBLE !

Did she want to take revenge my neglect of her business ? did she get carried away by her enthusiasm to cut my locks ? did someone pay her to f* up my haircut and mess up my interview ?

I look like I had an accident with a lawnmower.
I look worse than when I cut them myself in Senegal.
I feel like there is nothing on my head.

Even the handyman at my place noticed it.

It’s so short, I can’t even tie it up to hide the misery.

OMG - is it acceptable to wear a hat for an interview ?

The Beaver


P.S. Thank you, StraightfromtheCask in France and VVH1 in Bentonville, AR for posting on my guestmap ! Watch this space for some French entries, very very soon :)

My guest map is wonderful ! And you'd all be wonderful to post, all of you lurk mode readers!
Thanks and may the winds of Fate blow your way !

3 comments:

Xolo said...

I hate coming home from a bad haircut. It is even worse when you have a big event coming up.

If it is any consolation, the people you are interviewing don't really know what you looked like before, so they won't really notice. What is important is to regain your confidence and professionalism. That is what really matters in an interview.

And the hair WILL grow back, I promise! Hang in there. :)

Tina said...

Poor thing!!! Is there anyway that you can go somewhere else and have it salvaged?? If it's any consolation, it's probably not as bad as you think. And xolo's right, the people interviewing you aren't going to be looking at your hair; there's no question on the interview sheet that asks about hair style. Don't let this get you down! This is your job; you go in there and take it--bad hair cut or not!

Salt Water said...

Men are not helped by a cocky attitude in an interview. Humility is a good thing if it is honest. You may need to be honest with yourself, put in check your vanity, and let the part of you we see stand out. We do not have many pictures of you, yet we think your the greatest. Trust your possible bosses to see you the way we do and you'll be fantastic! Maybe my uncle Gene will be right in his old saying. The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about three days. Good luck oh great one.