August 16, 2005

About motivation

Motivation is a difficult thing to have.

It's even tougher to maintain.

When I found out that it would take 18 months for the Canadian army to actually get my security check done, I freaked out.

I stopped training,
gave up the job hunting,
locked myself up ....

...and blogged. By many ways, it kept me alive.

But today, I got my motivation back !

It happened without me noticing.

I patrolled the mountain last week and we had to undo an illegal camping site. That involved climbing (well, more like scrambling) down a cliff and scrambling back up with the tent packed on my back.

The next day, I understood I'd taken muscular pain to a whole new level .

Then I realized, if I was to join the Army, even in 18 months, I'd need to get my s*** together, because this was pretty close to military training.

So I called the gym and made an appointment to review my training program.

I went there, got a pep talk, and before I knew it, I was back on the treadmill, and doing all that cardio I needed to do.

Today, I endured 2 hours of punishment.

Tomorrow, I'm sitting down and making that list of things to do in my job search. I have one month before EI cuts me off, and I'm not going down without a fight !

It's amazing, what a little physical pain can do !

ON ON!


The Beaver

5 comments:

Tina said...

Good luck with all of that. I've been telling myself all summer I'm going to get off my tush and do something. But then, it is summer and I do live in Florida (meaning SCORCHING HOT weather) and there are all these awesome blogs to read.....

This post strikes me as being in direct contrast with all your ice cream boasting posts. Hopefully all that cardio will enable to you keep up your sugar & lactose addiction. Ice cream is a terrible privelage to loose!!!

cityangelz said...

Yay!! Good luck with your training.. you can do it!! haha..

thanks for linking me :D

007 in Africa said...

Yeah, motivation! I haven't exercized in two months because there is only one aerobics teacher in Congo. And she decided to take a three months vacation to Germany. Noooooo....

Linda Jones Malonson said...

I know you can do it Beaver! Motivation is a wonderful thing when it brings desired results. You are woman, hear you roar! Or something like that. Sending you a lot of postive energy.

Beaver said...

Thanks guys ! I'll try to live up to that :)

007 : Oh the glory of living in underserved countries !